Researching local public schools is a good idea when purchasing real estate even if you're buying investment property. Being zoned for a "popular" or highly desired school can make a property easier to rent or sell. But keep in mind, re-zoning is common.
Here are some sites to help research schools. From these links you can find information such as zoning, school comparisons, parent and student opinions, & much more.
http://www.ccsd.net - Clark County School District website.
- Zoning by address & zoning maps
- Individual school websites
- Contact info
- Lot's more
http://www.greatschools.net - Nationwide site
- Research & Compare
- Parent & Student Opinions
- Compare Nevada schools
- School Profiles
- Search by City, County, or Zip Code
- Search by school or district name